House of Croatian defenders

The Marine Casino was built in 1872 according to the plans of Viennese architect L. Baumann, as a place for leisure and entertainment of Austro-Hungarian officers and their families.

The second building of this complex, a representative palace, was built 40 years later. The main hall, once also called the “Winter Garden” with pairs of Doric fluted columns and glass ceiling led to the ballroom and concert hall, terrace, garden and surrounding park, which today is the venue for many concerts, assemblies, exhibitions, fairs, dances and balls.